Learn to Read the Bible Effectively
A new course will be starting soon ...
... OR contact us for more details about times and dates
About the course
The Bible is not supposed to be a difficult book but, as with other things in life, if we don't have the right tools the job is made so much harder.
The Learn to Read the Bible Effectively course is designed to give you the tools to approach the Bible with confidence. The course explains how you can go about getting hold of the message which the Bible has for you and help you to begin understanding it for yourself.
- Length of sessions? - The course runs each week with 90 minutes sessions covering the topics outlined below - this includes time for refreshments.
- When? - Both evening and daytime classes are available - just let us know your preference
- Formal class too much? - We provide one-to-one classes too, which cover the same material, but at a pace with which you are happy and with a tutor with whom you feel comfortable - just ask
- How do I find out more?
- Email - Simply use this link to: contact us OR
- Telephone - 01530 411323 to ask any questions you have
|WEEK 1||WEEK 2|
|Introduction||Why TWO Testaments?|
|Background to the Bible||The role of Prophecy|
|The Bible Interprets itself||Tips on Reading|
|Overview of the Books of the Bible (1)||Overview of the Books of the Bible (2)|
|Why the Bible is difficult to read||Bible Terminology (1)|
|WEEK 3||WEEK 4|
|Study Tools (1)||Critics of the Bible|
|Overview of the Books of the Bible (3)||The Purpose of God revealed|
|Bible Terminology (2)||Overview of the Books of the Bible (4)|
|Using Cross references||Study Tools (2)|
|Versions of the Bible|
|WEEK 5||WEEK 6|
|Mystery?||Life and death in the Bible|
|Bible Terminology (3)||Overview of the Books of the Bible (6)|
|Overview of the books of the Bible (5)||Good versus Evil|
|The Jews and the Law of Moses||Bible Terminology (4)|
|Questions and Answers|
|End of course event|